“Public Theology in the Service of the Church”
A Christian think-tank to shepherd shepherds who shepherd the flock.
THE VISION AND MISSION STATEMENT
PHILOSPHY OF MINISTRY
A Christian think-tank seeking to conduct public theology in the service of the Church ministry through research, writing, and resources.
The Philosophy of Ministry of the Kennedy Institute is summarized in this statement: Public theology in the Church’s service.
Trusted academic and popular articles, monographs, and books in public theology, pastoral theology, discipleship, education and training.
Scholarly investigations to yield solutions for pastors and congregations, with thoughtful and educated answers solutions.
Shepherding the shepherds that shepherd the flock with ministry solutions for sustainable spiritual health in pastors and congregations.
The following projects represent current work in the three areas of focus for the Kennedy Institute. Their status—research, planning, construction, completed, or ongoing—are indicated in brackets.
These are examples of how the Kennedy Institute can provide support to your organization.
- Pastoral Education and Training project
- Peer Review
- Grant writing
- Leviticus as pastoral education and training
- Faith for Living Biblical Guide to the Stages of Life
- Multimodal course development on pastoral theology
- Front Page Theology: Public Theology in the Secular Age—The D. James Kennedy Institute of Reformed Leadership Monograph Series (professional) [construction stage]
- The Journal of Evangelical and Reformed Theology: An Academic Journal Published by the D. James Kennedy Institute of Reformed Leadership (scholarly) [planning]
- Salem Communications (popular articles)
- Moral Leadership (a hardcover, softcover book, ebook, and Audible)
- Course design for Moral Leadership
- Audible recordings of Institute books
- Multimodal systems design for graduate-level education
“Reimagining Pastoral Education and Training,” A Lily Foundation and Bell Foundation-supported project [ongoing]
Graduate-level course development:
Ministry in Context [completed]
The mission of the Church in the Secular Age [completed]
Moral Leadership [See research area of focus]
Introduction to Public Administration [completed]
Introduction to Missions in the Local Church [completed]
Introduction to Chaplain Ministries [completed]
The Christian Shepherd [completed]
Introduction to Economics [completed]
Introduction to the Mission of the Church [completed]
Introduction to Leadership [completed]
Kennedy Institute books by Dr. Michael A. Milton
Kennedy Institute books by Dr. D. James Kennedy
Ministry Minutes podcasts [ongoing]
Faith for Living podcasts [ongoing]
LEADERSHIP & STAFF
The following graphics are examples of the executive summary of the Kennedy Institute and current projects.